Home > Civil Services, UPSC > UPSC Civil Services Aptitude Test (CSAT) 2011

UPSC Civil Services Aptitude Test (CSAT) 2011

Share Facebook Twitter Orkut SMS

UPSC

UPSC CSAT Syllabus, Pattern and Age Limit

No Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination from 2011

UPSC CSAT 2011 Syllabus is released, Please visit http://syllabus.iupsc.com/csat/

The examination system of the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) is updated from time to time to keep it in harmony with the changing environment. In regard to the Civil Services Examination (CSE) the Prime Minister has approved the proposal for introduction of Civil Services Aptitude Test (CSAT) in place of the existing Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination. The CSAT is expected to come into effect from Civil Services Examination, 2011.

This information was given by the Minister of State in the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions, Shri Prithviraj Chavan in written reply to a question in Lok Sabha today.

CSAT will not only enable us to choose civil servants with right aptitudes but also end the use of scaling system, a matter of concern to some.

Related:

There’s a long Discussion on CSAT ! Click Here

We will send you some more information related to UPSC Civil Services Aptitude Test (CSAT) 2011. Enter your email address:
  1. Biju Ashok
    May 12th, 2010 at 01:35 | #1

The recommendation by the committee on the civil services prelims are good for the candidates because they can concentrate on certain subjects only. The age limit is for general category 21-25 for OBC 21-28 and for SC/ST it will be 21-29. these are good for the sake of examination only and suffers serious draw backs because the current situation of unemployment and poverty are not considered by the commission. If there are jobs for every one then it is fine but the situation is different at the age of 30 with higher education the candidates do not get good jobs!!! Now this is another blow to every one who dreams for a better standard of living. the present age limit for general candidates in the government services is 35 years and for OBC is 38 then how can they change this all of a sudden.. there will be greater problems and this has to be contested in the court of law if these recommendations are made in effect. We have the right to ‘Legitimate Expectation’

2. May 12th, 2010 at 02:33 | #2

sir i am preparing for ias and i attend in 2011 exam .so please give me consult CSAT ant its syllabus , type of questions and all details.also tell me about preffering books type.

(THANKS)

3. anup dure
    May 12th, 2010 at 08:03 | #3

sir,iam preparing for cse for 2011,and i want syllabus,type of questions,and all detailds.thank you.

4. Rupali
    May 12th, 2010 at 09:29 | #4

Hello,
    I am planning to appear for 2011 exam.
    Not sure about the CSAT pattern and syllabus.
    Could you please guide me for the same

5. manasvi
    May 14th, 2010 at 06:10 | #5

sir i will be appearing for 2011 exam. plz guide me about preparation of CSAT and books regarding the same.
    thank you.

6. Babita Singh
    May 14th, 2010 at 06:24 | #6

Please send the age limit for UPSC Aptitude Test instead of Civil Services Prelim Exam …

7. rakesh
    May 15th, 2010 at 01:54 | #7

8. sweta
    May 16th, 2010 at 05:00 | #8

9. May 23rd, 2010 at 06:30 | #9

sir,pls send me csat syllabus.

10. shailesh dave
    May 23rd, 2010 at 08:22 | #10

sar iam prepareing for next coming civil sarvice exam .but the petern is change….sar iam unable to find a new csat syllbus ……tele me about csat syllabus ……thank u

11. Sumit
    August 19th, 2010 at 12:34 | #11

sir,
    how much the CSE is going to be different from the on going patter called prelims. and does CSE means there will be no mains exam hence forward ?

12. supriya
    August 19th, 2010 at 13:50 | #12

hello sir, im prepareing for upsc 2010. till i dont get new syllabus list so, can you tell me in detail.

13. tulika aswal
    September 8th, 2010 at 04:54 | #13

(THANKS)

14. MUKESH
    September 8th, 2010 at 05:10 | #14

Sir Please dont reduce the age limit to 25 years for General Candidates for UPSC as i m 27 and i m preparing for the next UPSC 2011. This age limit is very small therefore kindly increase it Sir.

15. Akash
    September 8th, 2010 at 06:19 | #15

16. September 8th, 2010 at 10:29 | #16

Hi Sir, I want to become IPS officer. I want to know about syllabus of CSAT 2011. What subjcts are supposed to come in CSAT 2011. What type of questions are coming in CSAT 2011. Please tell me. I am very confused about the syllabus of CSAT 2011.Thank you.

17. Deepesh Kumar
    September 10th, 2010 at 09:20 | #17

Sir, please send me the CSAT Syllabus for all the paper or update it in website so I can download it.

Thanking you

18. Dr.Dona Debbarma
    September 12th, 2010 at 06:23 | #18

sir,
    i am preparing for upcoming cse 2011,i want the syllabus,type of questions and all details.

19. September 12th, 2010 at 11:20 | #19

Hello,
    anyone please help me with new Expected sllybus for CSAT ,I want to start my Preparation for upsc ,I am persuing final year of graduation (B A).
    I would be Terrifically thank full ……

20. venkat subbian
    September 13th, 2010 at 06:08 | #20

I am rural area from puthukkadai at kanyakumari district in tamilnadu district last two years i attended the erxxam but i still iam not sellected in prelims but i had lose my ambition because ambition is loneness of every man one can have ambition they can eassily acchieve their goals .Consequently, i found my faultiness .Yet,i l am not leave my mind.,body,writing skills. I am weak in ecconomy, mentel abilityhistory.TELL ME SOME TIPPS ABOUT MY PERSONAL BEHAVIOUR.SOME PORTIONS COVERED HAD FORGET .HOWEVER,THE EXAMIMATIONS PERIED WAS QUITE RUSHING .STILL I WANT COACHING FOR MY SUCESS

21. shivam saini
    September 13th, 2010 at 08:16 | #21

i do gov gob i want attempt I A S exam 2011
    so please give me advice what is pattern 2011

22. APRAJITA
    September 14th, 2010 at 07:39 | #22

hello sir, i m an ias aspirant. please guide me with the new csat syllabus and the books which would be helpful. would there be any changes in the mains xam as wel??? please inform me sir…
    thank u.

23. APRAJITA
    September 14th, 2010 at 07:49 | #23

i think its too early to discard the new patern on the account of biased incentives against the humanities students. i belive in upsc and as in one of the most unbiased organisation. the clear thought behind the change is upgrade the standerds and get in the most intellectual minds into the services, not filtering humanities students…
    pattern sounds tough, but again its the standerd of the services…

its a welcome anyway!!! intelligence gets a wider scope….. thats it!!!

24. RAMA IN KALIYUGA
    September 14th, 2010 at 16:09 | #24

we should not consider civil services exams as other common acadamic exams ,so pls donot discourage the aspirents by limiting age,i wanna ask question that,was there any age limit to contest in assembly,LS elections?
    bcoz of age limit u may get talent but not true civiservents,in indialike huge democratic country we need such persons to implement polocies,so pls instead of decresing age limit, inrease them as 35for OC ,38forOBC,40 for SC,ST.

25. Dr. Jalindar Adsule
    September 15th, 2010 at 01:33 | #25

Dear Sir
    Our college ie College of Social Work, mumbai has decided to conduct FREE coaching classes for the student appearing for thr UPSC–2011. please send us the revised syllabu.
    Dr. jalindar Adsule

26. Swati Pathak
    September 15th, 2010 at 01:49 | #26

Hello Sir, I am preparing for CSAT 2011. What is the age limit for CSAT and new syllabus.

27. Raj Kumar
    September 15th, 2010 at 23:56 | #27

sir, i am prepareing for next coming civil sarvice exam. please tell this new syllbus list in detail and also tell me earli the date for fill the above form. Thanks

28. aarti
    September 16th, 2010 at 05:39 | #28

i am preparing for CSAT 2011 and i want the syllabus and pattern and some questions about how the paper will come.. kindly send me and help me

thanking you..

29. g.kannan
    September 16th, 2010 at 08:52 | #29

Dear Sir,

I am planing to appear in upsc 2011 exam, could you please tell me about that exam, also tell me about new exam pattern details

30. jasmin
    September 17th, 2010 at 00:56 | #30

hi,,,, sir plz i give UPSC exam but i dnt know eligilibility in age limit and my education in b.Sc in home science n after M.A. with home science so plz reply i m eligible or not for this exam..

31. rahul
    September 17th, 2010 at 01:24 | #31

Hello,
    I am planning to appear for 2011 exam .
    Not sure about the CSAT pattern ,syllabus and age limit.
    Could you please guide me for the same

32. September 17th, 2010 at 03:02 | #32

thank you.

33. kanhaiya mishra
    September 18th, 2010 at 03:52 | #33

@Biju Ashok
    i unambiguously agree with ur view regarding the reccommended age limit and no. of attempts proposed before the upsc.this can make many an ambitious,dedicated n deserving candidates demoralise who spare no stone unturned to serve d nation.moreover,it discriminates against the aspirants hailing from rural n middle-class background.the change of exam pattern is no doubt a great step to select the best civil servant but 21-25age system will do more harm than good if considered holistically. ” kanhaiya mishra”age-22

34. raju kumar
    September 18th, 2010 at 05:25 | #34

hallo sir ,
    i want to prepare upse 2011 . plz seguest me .can u tell me in details

35. piyush kumar
    September 19th, 2010 at 09:01 | #35

sir I am prepareing for upsc but I have no any idea about new syllabus and what the meaning of csat

36. tripti
    September 19th, 2010 at 11:37 | #36

hello sir ,
    i m dr.tripti
    i want to start my upsc prepn for 2011
    so kindly guide me with syllabus of new pattern
    n how should i prepare for it
    i want it anyways…..
    so plz plz plz kindly show me the rite path

37. Kamal
    September 20th, 2010 at 23:19 | #37

Dear Sir, i want to attempt 2011 CSAT Exam. Tell me best coaching institute in India and pattern of exam. How long time i have for 2011 SCAT. I am eagerly awaiting reply by your side.Help me out

38. September 22nd, 2010 at 00:58 | #38

sir,
    i would like to prepare for upcoming upsc exam in 2011.i may kindly be facilitated with the necessary information on new syllabus pattern which includes aptitude test so as to make my preparation easier …..anticipating your response

39. c.v.sandeep kumar
    September 22nd, 2010 at 08:44 | #39

hello! i want to know what is csat exam whether it is objective type exam or else what? i had completed my 10th,12th, in padma sheshadri bal bhavan school in t.nagar,chennai.completed my degree in loyola college.i am getting prepared for the upcoming exams 2011 upsc

40. sandeep kumar
    September 22nd, 2010 at 12:01 | #40

what will be the age limit for generals in the upcoming exam of 2011. But there is one thing that when the constitution of india gives the right of equality then why govt always creates the boundaries of caste and quotas between the the public. and why instead of providing the quality education to backward classes govt always want to be the friend of any caste or group of peoples. Why govt is discriminating with thousands on the name of reservations and caste systems. I want to ask one thing that if a person from gen category clears the exam in 23 years od age and the other person who clears exams at 29 or 28, will there be harmonic relation between them. Why govt always trying to declare that obcs and sc st are mentally retarded and they cant compete with gen category at the age defined for gen. are only sc sts and obc s are backward there are thousands of gen who doesn’t have money to pay their college fees but they will not get any help from govt because they are born with the teg of sc st and obc. So if this comment has any value then think about it once and pls tell me the age for gen category.

41. Sharmistha
    September 23rd, 2010 at 14:12 | #41

sir, I’d be appearing for IAS 2011. could you kindly shed some light as to when the new IAS syllabus would be published? until then, may i get some idea about the syllabus?
    thanking you in anticipation.

42. zeeshan azfar arzoo
    September 24th, 2010 at 02:08 | #42

hi sir , i am zeeshan , and i am preparing for IAS civil services exam. so please advise me that what is the CSAT- syllabus . and how to prepare. for it , for better expectation in exam. please sir.

43. sunny dev
    September 24th, 2010 at 02:22 | #43

hello sir ,
    my name is sunny .I have to give civil service Exam 2011. I want to know the question detail of this exam that maths or reasoning are included or not in 2011 aptitude question.

44. NAVEEN SANGA
    September 25th, 2010 at 09:38 | #44

sir, I am preparing CSAT 2011 but I don’t know it’s pattern and syllabus. Please guide me. thanks!

45. Reni Sharma
    September 26th, 2010 at 01:14 | #45

Can u please let me know the age limit for the civil services 2011 exams as i am jauary’86 born. will i be eligible for that or not?

Regards,
    Reni Sharma

46. sanju
    September 26th, 2010 at 03:05 | #46

sir i am prepearing for ias exam. can u tell me the syllabus & question pettern of apptitude test. what is the age limit for sc/st female candidates for ias exeam

47. robindro
    September 26th, 2010 at 09:17 | #47

hello sir ,i am prepearing 4 upsc 2011 ,i dont have any idea of CSAT ,so plz tell me the detail

48. G.H.Passah
    September 27th, 2010 at 02:33 | #48

@praveen upadhyay
    dear sir, im preparing for UPSC 2011, does the age bar applicable to candidates who were already in Gov’t service.

49. anuja joshi
    September 27th, 2010 at 06:49 | #49

as a new comer i can say it may be good for some of us who a not set with the pattern but what will happen to those who are at there peak n have to start again

50. September 28th, 2010 at 03:50 | #50

ir i am preparing for ias and i attend in 2012 exam .so please give me consult CSAT ant its syllabus , type of questions and all details.also tell me about preffering books type.

(THANKS)

Comment pages
  1. No trackbacks yet.
You must be logged in to post a comment.