Public Service Commission, West Bengal Recruitment
PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION, WEST BENGAL
Advertisement No. 15/2009
For Enquiry and information
Public Service Commission,West Bengal.
161-A, S. P. Mukherjee Road,
Kolkata – 700 026.
Phone No. PBX- 2466-5662 / 2463-5161 (Extn. 400,452)
Applications in the prescribed format given below are invited from Indian Citizens and such other nationals as are declared eligible by Govt. of India for recruitment to the undermentioned posts.
- DEPUTY DIRECTOR OF ARCHAEOLOGY UNDER THE INFORMATION AND CULTURAL AFFAIRS DEPARTMENT IN WEST BENGAL GENERAL SERVICE – ONE
- PAY: Rs.9,000/- – Rs. 40,500/- plus Grade Pay Rs.6,600/-
- Second Class Master’s degree in Archaeology or in Ancient Indian History and Culture with Archaeology as a special subject or in Sanskrit (Gr.-I) or equivalent;
- Sanskrit or Pali as one of the subjects in the Bachelor’s degree course;
- Five year’s practical experience in excavation and exploration work;
- Fair ideas of conservation and substantial knowledge of topography, preferably with some research work.
- Desirable : First Class Honours degree in Archaeology or Ancient Indian and World History or Sanskrit or an oriental language.
- AGE: Not more than 45 years on 01.01.2009.
- POLICE PROSECUTOR, KOLKATA UNDER HOME(POLICE) DEPARTMENT IN WEST BENGAL GENERAL SERVICE – THIRTEEN [FOUR RESERVED FOR SC, TWO FOR ST, AND ONE EACH FOR BC CANDIDATES AND PERSONS WITH DISABILITY(SUFFERING FROM BLINDNESS OR LOW VISION)]
- PAY: Rs.9,000/- – Rs. 40,500/- plus Grade Pay Rs.5,400/-
- QUALIFICATIONS: Graduate in Law;
- At least three years’ practice in Criminal Court or Criminal Side of the Bar.
- AGE : Not more than 40 years on 01.01.2009, relaxable for specially qualified and experienced candidates.
Copies attested by competent authority or Self Certified copies of the following documents other than item (i) must be attached with the application.
(i) I.P.O./Treasury Challan in original for Rs.210/- for both the posts mentioned.
(ii) Madhyamik or equivalent certificate;
(iii) S.C./S.T./B.C./ Persons with Disability certificate;
(iv) Registration Certificate for Citizenship (if by registration) as required under item 9(b) of the application;
(v) Marksheet and certificate for each examination passed;
(vi) Experience certificate;
(vii) For other documents if any with reference to the requirement of the post applied for